First Term Accomplishments
- Managed the state's budget responsibly, moving a $5.1 billion budget deficit to $1.2 billion budget surplus without tax increases.
- Passed several pro-jobs measures into law, reducing the tax and regulatory burden on job creators, which provide long-term, sustainable changes to improve our jobs climate.
- Prioritized students by advocating for education reforms like teacher basic skills, consideration of quality plus seniority in teacher layoffs, and speeding up delayed state aid payments to schools.
- Chief author of the Employee Freedom/Right to Work legislation
- Chief author of bill to end taxpayer paid abortions in MN (vetoed by Governor Dayton)
- Member of Senate-House Conference Committee on Voter ID legislation to craft ballot language that passed constitutional muster when challenged in court
- Co-author of lawsuit reform and Marriage Amendment legislation
- Authored seven pieces of legislation that were included in omnibus bills signed by the Governor
Dave has a new blog!
Check out the blog at www.fromthesenatefloor.blogspot.com
Thank You Volunteers!
We had an awesome show of support for our two parades, and we thank all of our volunteers for their support. If you would like to help with signs, lit dropping, or any other campaign activities, contact Jon Koznick, Campaign Manager, at 612-242-8317, or email
Dave and his family, with Senator Pariseau and Congressman Kline, at the 2010 endorsing convention.